Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel
New 600 room convention center hotel
$235 million, $150 million equity from Omni, $85 million from public sources
The hotel, along with a new convention center, are expected to open in 2020.
Omni Convention Center Hotel
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Related Projects and News
Oklahoma City secures $150 million equity investment for new Omni Convention Center Hotelset to open in 2021
"We're not building any of this for the city of 2019, we're building this for the city of 2040,this is going to be a world class urban park and the center of Oklahoma City and I just can't wait to open it."
To attract private investment and minimize the amount of public subsidy to develop a 600-room convention center headquarters hotel to complement and enhance Oklahoma City’s new $288 million convention center.
Plan of Action
Building on the success of the City’s strong economic development efforts, we helped create a vision for a new up-scale headquarters hotel that would anchor the City’s investments in a new convention center, 70-acre downtown park and expanded trolley system.
Key activities that led to the project’s success include:
- Coordination of demand analysis and projected job creation to help elected officials understand to project benefits
- Helping to forge alignment between elected officials and the corporate community on the project benefits
- Creating a procurement process and crafting documents that led to competitive and comparable financial proposals
- Evaluating the value of City economic development incentives that would support the project
- Supporting City leadership on numerous presentations and project updates in public and city council meetings
- Working effectively with team of city staff, legal advisors, and design professionals to negotiate a fair agreement with the private investor
The $235 million new 600-room Omni Hotel, financed with $150 million investment from the private sector is under construction and set to open in the Spring of 2021.
The New Omni Hotel will be a recreation, entertainment and culinary destination in the heart of the new development in downtown Oklahoma City
- The hotel will support the City’s desire to attract more visitors and make the City more competitive as a Tier 2 convention destination
- Together with the new Scissortail Park (opening in September 2019), convention center (opening in late 2020), and trolley system the overall project is transforming downtown Oklahoma City